The following Kitty Litter Cake recipe has been circulating on two interactive internet groups I belong to: Cybercat and Feline-L. This recipe is for real and, from what I'm told, absolutely delicious.
1 Spice or German Chocolate Cake Mix
1 White Cake Mix
1 Pkg White Sandwich Cookies
1 large pkg Vanilla Instant Pudding Mix
Green food coloring
12 small Tootsie Rolls
1 new (never used) kitty litter box
1 new (never used) kitty litter box plastic liner
1 new (never used) pooper scooper
- Prepare cake mixes and bake according to directions (any size pans).
- Prepare pudding mix and chill until ready to assemble.
- Crumble white sandwich cookies in small batches in blender, they tend to stick, so scrape often.
- Set aside all but about 1/4 cup.
- To the 1/4 cup cookie crumbs, add a few drops green food coloring.
- Mix using a fork or shake in a jar.
- When cakes are cooled to room temperature, crumble into a large bowl.
- Toss with half the remaining white cookie crumbs and the chilled pudding. You probably won't need all of the pudding, mix with the cake and "feel" it, you don't want it soggy, just moist; gently combine.
- Line new, clean kitty litter box.
- Put mixture into litter box.
- Put three unwrapped Tootsie rolls in a microwave safe dish and heat until soft and pliable.
- Shape ends so they are no longer blunt, curving slightly.
- Repeat with 3 more Tootsie rolls and bury in mixture.
- Sprinkle the other half of cookie crumbs over top.
- Scatter the green cookie crumbs lightly over the top, this is supposed to look like the chlorophyll in kitty litter.
- Heat remaining Tootsie Rolls, 3 at a time in the microwave until almost melted.
- Scrape them on top of the cake and sprinkle with cookie crumbs.
- Serve with a new pooper scooper.
Won't you please take a few minutes to sign our guestbook. Thank you.
Border background and graphics by
Webpage design by Maxine Hellman