- The average cough comes out of your mouth at 60MPH.
- When the Titanic sank there was 7,500 lbs of ham on it.
(Not including Leonardo DeCaprio)
- Hanukkah can be spelled in 17 different ways: Channuka,
Channukah, Chanuka, Chanukah, Chanuko, Hannuka, Hannukah,
Hanuka, Hanukah, Hanukkah, Kanukkah, Khannuka, Khannukah,
Khanuka, Khanukah, and Khanukkah, and Chanuccah.
- Petey, the beloved pit bull of "Our Gang" fame is buried
at historic Clara Glen pet cemetery in Linwood, New Jersey.
- A humpback whale's milk is 54 percent fat.
- It's impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.
- You can't kill yourself by holding your breath.
- If you yelled for 8 years, 7 months and 6 days, you would
have produced enough sound energy to heat one cup of coffee.
- If you fart consistently for 6 years and 9 months, enough
gas is produced to create the energy of an atomic bomb.
- A crocodile cannot stick its tongue out.
- Peanuts are one of the ingredients of dynamite.
- The name Jeep came from the abbreviation used in the army
for the "General Purpose" vehicle, G.P.
- Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories an hour.
- Humans and dolphins are the only species that have sex for
- On average people fear spiders more than they do death.
- The strongest muscle in the body is the TONGUE.
- Americans on the average eat 18 acres of pizza every day.
- Every time you lick a stamp, you're consuming 1/10 of a calorie.
- Did you know that you are more likely to be killed by a
champagne cork than by a poisonous spider?
- Right-handed people live, on average, nine years longer than
left-handed people do.
- In ancient Egypt, Priests plucked EVERY hair from their bodies,including their eyebrows and eyelashes.
- A pig's orgasm lasts for 30 minutes.
- The ant can lift 50 times its own weight, can pull 30 times
its own weight and always falls over on its right side when
- Polar bears are left handed.
- There are 293 ways to make change for a dollar.
- The flea can jump 350 times its body length, that is like
a human jumping the length of a football field.
- A cockroach will live nine days without it's head, before
it starves to death.
- The male praying mantis cannot copulate while its head is
attached to its body. The female initiates sex by ripping
the males head off.
- Some lions mate over 50 times a day.
- During a lion's mating season, they will mate every 25
minutes for three days straight.
- Butterflies taste with their feet.
- Elephants are the only animals that can't jump.
- A cat's urine glows under a blacklight.
- Starfishes haven't got any brains.
- Cost of raising a medium-size dog to the age of eleven: $6,400.
- Average number of people airborne over the US any given hour:
- Percentage of Americans who have visited Disneyland/Disney
- Average life span of a major league baseball: 7 pitches.
- The only 15 letter word that can be spelled without repeating a letter is uncopyrightable.
- Two-thirds of the world's eggplant is grown in New Jersey.
- The reason firehouses have circular stairways is from the days of yore when the engines were pulled by horses. The horses were stabled on the ground floor and figured out how to walk up
- When opossums are playing 'possum, they are not "playing."
They actually pass out from sheer terror.
- Each king in a deck of playing cards represents a great king from history. Spades - King David, Clubs - Alexander the Great,
Hearts - Charlemagne, and Diamonds - Julius Caesar.
- If a statue in the park of a person on a horse has both front legs in the air, the person died in battle; if the horse has one front leg in the air, the person died as a result of wounds received in battle; if the horse has all four legs on the ground, the person died of natural causes.
- Clans of long ago that wanted to get rid of their unwanted people without killing them would burn their houses down -
hence the expression "to get fired."
- Only two people signed the Declaration of Independence on July 4th, John Hancock and Charles Thomson. Most of the rest signed on August 2, but the last signature wasn't added until 5 years later.
- "I am." is the shortest complete sentence in the English language.
- The term "the whole 9 yards" came from W.W.II fighter pilots in the South Pacific. When arming their airplanes on the ground, the .50 caliber machine gun ammo belts measured exactly 27 feet, before being loaded into the fuselage. If the pilots fired all their ammo at a target, it got "the whole 9 yards."
- Hershey's Kisses are called that because the machine that makes them looks like it's kissing the conveyor belt.
- The phrase "rule of thumb" is derived from an old English law
which stated that you couldn't beat your wife with anything
wider than your thumb.
- An ostrich's eye is bigger that it's brain.
- The longest recorded flight of a chicken is thirteen seconds.
- The Eisenhower interstate system requires that one mile in
every five must be straight. These straight sections are usable
as airstrips in times of war or other emergencies.
- In every episode of Seinfeld there is a Superman somewhere.
- The Pentagon, in Arlington, Virginia, has twice as many
bathrooms as is necessary. When it was built in the 1940s,
the state of Virginia still had segregation laws requiring
separate toilet facilities for blacks and whites.
- The cruise liner, Queen Elizabeth II, moves only six inches
for each gallon of diesel that it burns.
- The highest point in Pennsylvania is lower than the lowest
point in Colorado.
- Nutmeg is extremely poisonous if injected intravenously.
- If you have three quarters, four dimes, and four pennies, you
have $1.19. You also have the largest amount of money in coins
without being able to make change for a dollar.
- No NFL team which plays its home games in a domed stadium has
ever won a Superbowl.
- The first toilet ever seen on television was on "Leave It To
- The only two days of the year in which there are no professional sports games (MLB, NBA, NHL, or NFL) are the day before and the day after the Major League all-stars Game.
- Only one person in two billion will live to be 116 or older.
- The name Wendy was made up for the book "Peter Pan."
- Spanish moss is related to the pineapple.
- The average mouse pad size is 71\2 inches by 8 inches.
- On average, an iceberg weighs 20 million tons.
- 4 out of 100 American women go pantyless everday.
- The white part of your fingernail is called the lunula.
- Pinocchio is Italian for "pine head."
- The geographical center of North America is near Rugby,
- The infinity sign is called a lemniscate.
If you stretch a standard Slinky out flat it measures 87 feet long.
- There are only three words in the English language with the
letter combination "uu." Muumuu, vacuum and continuum.
- The "Calabash" pipe, most often associated with Sherlock Holmes, was not used by him until William Gillette (an American) portrayed Holmes onstage. Gillette needed a pipe he could keep in his mouth while he spoke his lines.
- The only word in the English language with all five vowels in
reverse order is "subcontinental."
- An ostrich's pupil is rectangular.
- Most Americans' car horns beep in the key of F.
- Dirty Harry's badge number is 2211.
- The shortest French word with all five vowels is "oiseau"
- Camel's milk does not curdle.
- "Mr Mojo Risin" is an anagram for Jim Morrison.
- The ball on top of a flagpole is called the truck.
- A person from the country of Nauru is called a Nauruan;
this is the only palindromic nationality.
- The word "modem" is a contraction of the words "modulate,
- The nursery rhyme Ring Around the Rosey is a rhyme about the
plague Infected people with the plague would get red circular
sores ("Ring around the rosey..."), these sores would smell
very badly so common folks would put flowers on their bodies
somewhere (inconspicuously), so that it would cover the smell
of the sores ("...a pocket full of posies..."). People who
died from the plague would be burned so as to reduce the possible
spread of the disease ("...ashes, ashes, we all fall down!")
- The Titanic was running at 22 knots
when she hit the iceberg.
- The citrus soda, 7-UP, was created in 1929; '7' was
selected because the original containers were 7
ounces. 'UP' indicated the direction of the bubbles.
- Because radio waves travel at 186,000 miles per second
and sound waves saunter at 700 miles per hour, a
broadcast voice can be heard sooner 13,000 miles away
than it can be heard at the back of the room in which it originated.
- In the original 101 Dalmatians movie, Pongo has 72
spots, Perdita has 68 and each of the puppies has 32.
- A broken clock is right at least twice a day.
- American car horns beep in the tone of F.
- More people are killed by donkeys annually than are
killed in plane crashes.
- You were born with 300 bones, but when you reach adulthood you only have 206 bones.
- London is the most universal city for languages. The city has different people who speak 300 different tongues.
AND IF YOU AREN'T PARANOID ENOUGH...
- It has been recommended by dentists that a toothbrush
be kept at least 6 feet (two meters) away from a
toilet to avoid airborne particles resulting from the flush!
- The soft plastic headphones used on airplanes create a warm,
moist environment in the ear canal that is ideal for breeding
bacteria. Wearing headphones for just an hour will increase the
bacteria in your ear by 700 times.
- On a plane, if the passenger in your seat on the incoming
flight had serious gas, then you are sitting on a cushion
full of disease-causing microbes.
- Homely criminals get 50% longer jail sentences on
average than good-looking criminals.
- Four sunken nuclear submarines sit at the bottom of the
Atlantic Ocean. One, a Russian sub resting in deep water
off of Bermuda, holds 16 live nuclear warheads. Scientists
and oceanographers are unsure what the impact of the
escaping plutonium will have, but warn that corrosion could
create the proper chemical environment for a massive nuclear
- In 1994, electromagnetic interference (EMI) from a nearby
cellular telephone activated a power wheelchair at a scenic
vista in Colorado,sending the passenger over a cliff.
- If the government has no knowledge of aliens, then why does
Title 14, Section 1211 of the Code of Federal Regulations,
implemented on July 16, 1969, make it illegal for US citizens
to have any contact with extraterrestrial or their vehicles.
- More people working in advertising died on the job in 1996 than died while working in petroleum refining.
Won't you please take a few minutes to sign our guestbook. Thank you.